The idea of buying used equipment has always been considered a way to save money. However, the process of finding reliable equipment is often complicated by the less than reputable vendors that operate “junk yards” across the country.
Our research and reporting has found one excellent vendor operating with a level of integrity that is far above the “junk dealers”, and worthy of our recommendation: Compressor Salvage Company. Since 1969, Compressor Salvage Company has combined used compressors with expert repair techniques and customer service unheard of in the used equipment business.
Compressor Salvage Company can help you add compressors to your plant for a fraction of the cost of a new compressor. They can also make it possible for you to replace major components on your existing compressors and save money and time in the process.
Their advantage can be summed up in the following:
- Price – you will pay less than the cost of new
- Quality – they know compressors and only sell the best used equipment, because they only buy the best direct from plant closures
- Selection – over 100 used compressors in stock as well as spare parts, motors, starters and dryers
- Service – owned and operated by people who think that the idea of satisfying the customer is the only way to do business
Consider the Savings
There are several ways that customers save money and time with the used option. The following are a few examples.
- A Midwest manufacturer of automobile parts wanted a 300hp rotary screw compressor for an expansion of the plant. They bought a used model with low hours and saved over $40,000.
- A plastics company in Georgia wanted to add a 100hp compressor to handle the air demand of off peak hours during the evenings and weekends. They would save several thousand dollars a month in energy cost by shutting the main compressors down during those low demand periods. They bought a used 100hp rotary screw that was serviced (changed oil and filters) and test ran before shipment. They saved $30,000 buying used rather than a new compressor, and were able to realize the energy savings during low air demand periods.
- An electrical energy company in California broke a water cooled cylinder head on a 250hp reciprocating compressor. The delivery for a new head was 16 weeks. They bought a used head, which had passed an NDT inspection, for half the price and had the compressor back online in 2 days.
- A textile company bought a used 5000 CFM desiccant air dryer a new facility. They were able to saved $41,000 when comparing against a new version of the same air dryer.
- A tire plant wanted a 2000 CFM reciprocating compressor with unloading controls to serve as an energy efficient, peak load machine. And, they wanted to reduce inventory costs by finding a match to their existing compressors. They purchased a used model that was rebuilt to OEM specs, duplicating the existing machines, for $32,000 less than the offer from the manufacturer.
- A container company in the Southeast US bought used cylinders with engineering support to convert a high pressure compressor to a low pressure machine. The project came in under budget with a savings of $52,000.
- A natural gas company has a high pressure compressor operating in the Northeast. The 5” cylinder was found in bad condition during routine valve maintenance, but downtime for cylinder repair was not an option. They bought an exchange, remanufactured cylinder and made the replacement in a few hours.
Inventory moves rapidly, but typically you can find reciprocating, rotary screw and centrifugal compressors. This includes complete compressors and major components from many different manufactures, including the following:
Special Option for Rotary Screw Compressors
You can request a test run when buying a used rotary screw compressor from Compressor Salvage Company. And, you can have the test digitally captured for emailing.
All compressors and components are available for your inspection, subject to prior sale. If you would like a quotation or have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
® Registered Trademarks